Sunday, September 25, 2011

Indian Chicken Dance

Well, on the last day of the trip at work, the HR team runs somewhat of a presentation of the people. They would get up on microphone and describe themselves. They would talk about their education, experience, what they can offer to help other co-workers, but at the end, they would perform a talent. Now, most of the people, said they didn't have a talent or one fellow said he did sports(cricket, lawn tennnis or badmitton) well. One female worker performed an Indian dance, that one of my co-workers joined them. One of the male workers named Ashoka actually sang. Very interesting fellow, who made sure our accomodations and schedule of training ran smoothly. He told jokes and a funny story about his daughter. Finally, they had us go on microphone in front of about 80 co-workers and do the same. When it finally came to my turn, I told them about myself, I told them I enjoyed my stay and look forward to working with them. When it came to my talent, I couldn't resist. I told them that I wanted to show them an American dance that is performed at many weddings called the Chicken Dance. Now, I didn't have time to prepare music, but my fellow co-worker and I added some humming to go along with the dance. The best part its on video. The sound is not good, but the video is priceless. I am sure I will be receiving some comments.


If you notice in the beginning, when they all had their hands in the air, so it looked like a raid! They did give out prizes for the talent show and somehow I won. So, next time in India and if you happen to attend a wedding, don't be surprised if  someone yells out "Let's do the Chicken Dance!" Again, priceless...

No comments:

Post a Comment